Your privacy, our priority
- The terms contained in this policy, as may be amended from time to time shall be effective from the date on which you first access and/or use the website.
- We are the sole possessors of the information collected on this Website. We will only Process information that is shared by you on the Website, or which is voluntarily provided to us via email or any other direct contact from you.
- “Personal Information” refers to private information about an identifiable living natural person or, where applicable, an identifiable existing juristic person. Personal Information does not include information that does not identify you. The Personal Information that we collect about you may differ based on your engagement with us or the products and services that you receive from SelectONE.
- The various types of Personal Information, amongst others, are as follows:
- Identity Information, which includes information concerning your name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, occupation, interests, date of birth, gender, race, and legal status, as well as copies of your identity documents, photographs, identity number, registration number and your educational qualifications,
- Contact Information, which includes your billing addresses, delivery addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers
- Technical Information, which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website or to use our products and services or engage with us
- Usage Information, which includes information as to your access to and use of the Website, products, and services, such as what links you went to, what content you accessed, the amount of content viewed and the order of that content, as well as the amount of time spent on the specific content and what products and services you access and use when engaging with us
- Location Information, which includes geographical information from your Access Device (which is usually based on the GPS or IP location).
Special Personal Information
- Kindly take note that in certain circumstances, by engaging with SelectONE, we may collect and Process certain Special Personal Information about you.
- “Special Personal Information” refers to details about your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political persuasion, health or sex life, biometric information or information about your criminal offences or convictions.
- The Processing of Special Personal Information requires higher levels of protection. SelectONE will ensure that there will be further justifications for the Processing Special Personal Information.
- We will generally not Process Special Personal Information about you unless it is necessary for establishing, exercising, or defending a right or obligation in law, or where we have obtained your consent to do so.
- On rare occasions, there may be other reasons for Processing your Special Personal Information, such as where the information has been deliberately made public by you. The situations in which we may Process your Special Personal Information may include the following:
- as part of the recruitment and hiring process (where applicable), we may Process information relating to your race and/or criminal behaviour.
- we may Process information relating to your health as part of our screening processes when accessing our premises, to comply with Covid-19 regulations and protocols.
Collection Of Personal Information
- We collect your Personal Information in the following ways:
- through direct or active interactions with you
- through automated or passive interactions with you,
- from third parties and public sources, and
- from direct or active collection from you.
- We may require that you submit certain information:
- to enable you to access portions of the Website,
- to subscribe to our publication,
- to apply for job opportunities,
- to grant you access to our premises,
- to enable you to facilitate the conclusion of an agreement with us; and/or
- that is necessary for our fulfilment of our statutory or regulatory obligations.
- We also collect Personal Information directly from you when you communicate directly with us, for example via e-mails, telephone calls and any further correspondence.
- We may passively collect certain of your Personal Information from the Access Device that you use to access and navigate the Website, by way of various technological applications, for instance, using server logs to collect and maintain log information
Use of Personal Information
- We will use your information for the following:
- to communicate with you and keep you informed about our services,
- to offer you information and content which is more appropriately tailored for you as far as reasonably possible,
- to communicate with you and retain a record of our communications with you and your communications with us,
- to fulfil any contractual obligations that we may have to you or any third party,
- for other activities and/or purposes which are lawful, reasonable and adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the provision of our services and/or the use of the Website, our business activities, or such other purpose for which it was collected.
Compulsory Personal Information
- The following information is compulsory Personal Information:
- Your name and surname.
- Your contact details, such as your email address and/or your telephone number.
- All other Personal Information is optional. If you do not agree to share the above-mentioned compulsory Personal Information with us, then you will not be able to engage with us or make use of our products and services. If you do not agree to share your optional information with us, then you might not be able to engage with us fully or receive complete and accurate products and services from us.
- In the clause above, you agree and accept that there is certain compulsory Personal Information you must provide us with if you want to engage with us. If you decide not to provide us with such compulsory Personal Information, you agree that we may limit or terminate our engagement with you, or our procurement of your goods and services.
Sharing Of Personal Information
- You agree and give permission for us to share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with our employees, suppliers, consultants, contractors, and agents if and to the extent that they require such Personal Information to Process it for us and/or in the provision of services for or to us. We will authorise any Personal Information Processing done by a third party on our behalf, amongst other things by entering into written agreements with those third parties governing our relationship with them and containing confidentiality, non-disclosure and data protection provisions,
- to enable us to enforce or apply our Terms and/or any Agreement you have with us,
- to enable us to monitor web traffic; web servers serving the website automatically collect information about pages you visit. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits,
- for statistics purposes: – we may perform statistical analyses to measure interest in the various areas of the Website (for product development purposes),
- with governmental agencies and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies, if required to do so by law or when we reasonably believe that such action is necessary.
- We will get your permission before disclosing your Personal Information to any third party for any other purpose if we are required by law to do so.
Storage Of Personal Information
- We store your Personal Information on:
- Our premises,
- Our servers; or
- On the servers of our third-party service providers, such as IT systems.
- In the event of the scenarios contemplated regarding the storage of your personal information, we will ensure that we have entered into written agreements with those third-party service providers, which will require them to secure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in their possession by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures.
- We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of your Personal Information and using accepted technological standards to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Information, and protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, alteration and destruction.
- We will employ best practice to take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected. We will take reasonable steps to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your information and protect your information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification, or unauthorised disclosure.
Retention of Personal Information
- SelectONE may keep your Personal Information for as long as you continue to engage with us, provide services or products to us, access the Website and content and/or use our products and/or services or for as long as reasonably necessary or until you contact us and ask us to destroy it.
- Aside from the above mentioned, we may retain and Process some or all of your Personal Information if and for as long as:
- we are required or permitted by law, a code of conduct or a contract with you to do so,
- we reasonably need it for lawful purposes related to the performance of our functions and activities,
- we reasonably require it for evidentiary or audit purposes; or
- you agree to us retaining it for a specified further period.
Rights available to you
- Data protection legislation may confer certain rights on you in respect of your Personal Information. We aim to be clear about what Personal Information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about what Personal Information you make available to us. You may, for example:
- block all cookies, by setting your browser to do so, including cookies associated with our products and services or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by us,
- request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”), which indicates what Personal Information we have about you,
- request the correction of your Personal Information, to ensure that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information is corrected,
- request erasure of your Personal Information, where there is no lawful basis for the retention or continued Processing,
- object to the Processing of your Personal Information for a legitimate reason,
- withdraw consent which you previously gave to the Processing of your Personal Information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent can only be made by you on condition that such withdrawal of your consent:
- does not affect the Processing of your Personal Information before the withdrawal of your consent; or
- does not affect the Processing of your Personal Information if the Processing follows an obligation imposed by law on us; or
- does not affect the Processing of your Personal Information as required to finalise the performance of a contract in which you are a party.
- Our website may contain links to third party websites and applications. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any third-party websites and applications. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the applicable third-party privacy statement and is entirely at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
- Subject to any rights implied by law which cannot be excluded, we are not and shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, delict (including negligence), statute or otherwise, for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs), direct or indirect, whatsoever arising out of or attributable to your use of this website.
- Bruce Arnold
- Telephone: 087 310 5900 ; or
- Email: email@example.com
Your Consent and Agreement
(b) I consent to the collection of personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media sites, business partners with whom SelectOne offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities with
(d) If I subscribe for data, news, announcements, alerts or any such information to be emailed to me, SelectOne will hold my details on its database until such time as I choose to unsubscribe from this service.
(e) SelectOne may, where permitted or required to do so by applicable law, Process my Personal Information without my knowledge or permission, if sufficient grounds of justification are present.
Accepted and Agreed: <checkbox>